Kathfest is a community organized event attracting best student talent from across Nepal. It is also a platform for fostering networking and collaboration among developers in Nepal. We value the participation of everyone and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Accordingly, every attendee of the Event is expected to show respect and courtesy to every other attendee throughout the Event and at all Event related events, whether officially organized by Kathfest or not. To make clear what is expected, all delegates/attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers and volunteers at Kathfest are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
Kathfest is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, disability, race, religion or employment. We don't tolerate harassment of attendees in any form.
All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience, including people from many different backgrounds.
1. Sexual language or imagery is inappropriate for your talks or slides.
2. Refrain from using sexist, racist or exclusionary language anywhere in your content.
1. Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor/partner or vendor booths, are subject to the anti-harassment policy.
2. Exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material.
3. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
1. Be kind and sensitive to the people around you and avoid any kind of offensive behavior.
2. Sexist, racist or any other form of exclusionary or offensive jokes or excessive public swearing are not appropriate at any venue of Kathfest.
3. Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the Event without a refund at the sole discretion of the Event organizers.
4. Thank you for your consideration and help in making Kathfest a welcoming, friendly event for all of us.
1. Kathfest does not share participant data with sponsors/partners without permission.
2. Sponsors/partners (or representatives) must abide by the code of conduct to create a welcoming and safe environment for everyone.
3. Sponsored editorial (workshops, talk, sessions) and online content (articles) are subject to Kathfest's standard process and approval.
4. Sponsors payment need to be made before the event ends.
1. Kathfest is dedicated to providing a harassment-free Event experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, disability, race, religion or employment.
2. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. We have zero tolerance on harassment of Event participants in any form, including, but not limited to the activities mentioned here.
3. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
4. Exhibitors (Visitors) in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
5. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience, including people from many different backgrounds. Sexual language or imagery is inappropriate for all aspects of the Event, including talks. Remember that sexist, racist or any other form of exclusionary or offensive jokes or excessive public swearing are not appropriate at any venue of Kathfest.
6. Do not insult or put down attendees or engage in any action that violates the open, welcoming and sharing spirit of the Event. Be kind and sensitive to the people around you when you are attending the Event, and avoid any kind of offensive or degrading behavior.
7. If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, the Event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the Event with no refund.
Thank you for helping to make Kathfest a welcoming, friendly event for all.
1. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of Event staff. Event staff will be wearing "Kathfest Staff" or "Kathfest Volunteer" or related badges.
2. Event staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the Event. We value your attendance.
3. If the matter is especially urgent, you may also ask to be put in touch with any team member of Kathfest.
4. You may also report us via contact[at]kathfest.org or directly call via our contact page.